Published: May 2017
Wohnaroo.com strives to provide a free and secure interface for our users to browse and list. We take your experience using this site seriously. In order to protect users from spam, harassment, or other inappropriate conduct, certain features, like creating, reporting, contacting and bookmarking listings, are only available to users who have a (free) account with Wohnaroo.com. We also ensure against excessive (spam) listings by limiting the number of listings each user can list, to: 1 active housing listing, 1 active bicycle listing, and 5 active furniture listings at a time. For security reasons, we may use Google CAPTCHA or checkbox authentication to verify users are human before certain actions, like user registration.
If you have any questions about how we keep keep your browsing experience spam free and private, please feel free to contact us using the link at the top of this page.
The protection of personal data is an important concern for us. We offer our portal in accordance with the applicable legislation for the protection of personal data. With this data protection information, we provide you as a user with information on how we deal with personal information collected during your visit to our portal.
Wohnaroo.com and WordPress.org websites (collectively “WordPress.org” in this document) refer to sites hosted on the WordPress.org, WordPress.net, WordCamp.org, BuddyPress.org, bbPress.org, and other related domains and subdomains thereof.
- This data protection information applies to this internet service, which is operated by INO, Under the domain www.wohnaroo.com (hereinafter referred to as Portal)
- The user is at any time entitled to object to the amendment of the data protection regulations and to terminate the usage relationship with INO.
- Collection, processing and use of personal data
- Wohnaroo collects personal data of the user when using the portal and individual applications. Personal data is all information about the identity of the user, such as the name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number.
- Wohnaroo processes and uses the collected personal data in compliance with the applicable data protection regulations in principle to provide the portal, its applications and to provide other services for the user, as described below.
- Data collection, processing and access to the portal
- When the user accesses the portal, general information (eg IP address, Internet browser used, number of visits, average session time, called pages) are collected automatically (ie without a registration or other data). Wohnaroo assigns a code number per visit to the portal (session ID).
- Wohnaroo uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) to collect and evaluate the collected information. Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files that are stored on the user’s computer and which allow an analysis of the use of the website by the user. The information generated by the cookie about the use of this website (including the IP address of the user) is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. In the case of the activation of the IP anonymization on this platform, the IP address of the user has been previously abridged within the member states of the European Union or in other Contracting States of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. In exceptional circumstances, the full IP address will be transferred to a Google server in the US and shortened there. On behalf of INO, Google will use this information to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide further information on the website Use of the Internet and the use of the Internet against INO. The user can prevent the installation of the cookies by a corresponding setting of the browser software; In this case, not all functions of the platform can be used in full. In addition, the user can prevent the Google data generated by the cookie and related to the use of the website (including the user’s IP address) from being processed by Google, as well as the processing of this data by Google. For more information on usage conditions and privacy, please visit http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html and http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/privacyoverview.html.
- Wohnaroo.com is also run on WordPress.org, which collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, Internet Protocol (“IP”), and the date and time of each visitor request. Certain visitors to Wohnaroo.com choose to interact with Wohnaroo.com in ways that require Wohnaroo.com to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Wohnaroo.com gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who use our particular services (such as contacting or bookmarking listings) to provide a username and email address. Wohnaroo.com does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities. Wohnaroo.com may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, we may reveal how many views particular pages have.
- Data collection, processing and use of e-mail functions
- Wohnaroo offers various e-mail functions on the portal. This includes, in particular, the functionality to send requests to listing owners, “Contact”.
- If an e-mail function is used, an e-mail address is required, and an additional name is required to contact a listing author. These data are processed and used exclusively for the execution of the corresponding function (in particular for the transmission of the message to an advertiser or for the sending of e-mail notifications). The notification function stores the data until the search request expires.
- Wohnaroo may require the user to provide personal data when the user contacts Wohnaroo in writing, by telephone or by e-mail. In such contact, Wohnaroo may also collect additional personal data of the user, which are necessary for the processing of an error message, information request or other demand of the user. The collected data are processed at Wohnaroo and processed and used to process the user’s request.
- Data processing at the task of an advertisement / registration
- When a webpage is displayed, registration and data processing is carried out at the same time on the portal.
- The data collected during the task of an advertisement / registration are used for the creation of the user account and the processing of the advertisement publication (including the publication on the portal and the internet offerings of the Wohnaroo network). The online form shows in each case which personal details are publicly visible during the advertisement publication.
- When accessing the portal as a registered user (in particular when calling up advertised ads) Wohnaroo asks the user name and password of the user to identify him or her as a registered user.
- Wohnaroo reserves the right to create anonymous or pseudo-anonymous usage profiles for the purposes of statistical evaluation, advertising, market research or the needs of the Internet portal, taking into account the applicable data protection regulations. The user is entitled to object to the creation of pseudo-anonymous usage profiles by sending an e-mail to Wohnaroo (email@example.com).
- Processing and deletion of data
- The user can view, update or change his or her stored registration data and display data via his or her user profile under the menu item “My Account”, located in the user’s Dashboard on the portal at any time after entering his/her user name or his/her e-mail address and password.
- The user can delete his/her user profile via the menu. In this case, the personal data collected and processed by Wohnaroo will also be deleted in accordance with the following provisions.
- The deletion refers exclusively to the personal data of the user collected in the online form for the service of an advertisement / registration in the section “personal details”, on the user’s title of the advertisement and the ad text as well as, if necessary, uploaded by the user Images. The other data can be stored and used by Wohnaroo as anonymous evaluations without reference to the user beyond the publication period.
- When a user profile is deleted, certain applications may not be available or can not be used completely.
- Wohnaroo reserves the right to delete user profiles that have not been used for more than one year (in particular, by accessing the user profile) as described above. The user is previously notified of the planned deletion of his / her user profile to the e-mail address given when an registration was issued.
- Any data will be blocked if a legal or statutory retention obligation is not met.
- Transfer of data to third parties
- Wohnaroo is entitled to make user data available to third parties, in compliance with the applicable data protection regulations, with which Wohnaroo cooperates in the provision of the portal, individual application or in the provision of other services for the user. The transmission of data is limited to the purpose of the cooperation and the third parties cooperating with Wohnaroo are only entitled to use the data to the extent that this is necessary for the aforementioned purposes.
- Wohnaroo is also entitled to use the information contained in para. 2 in whole or in part by a third party. In this case, the provisions in para. 2 accordingly also for the third parties cooperating with Wohnaroo.
- In addition, Wohnaroo may transfer personal data to third parties, if:
- the user has explicitly agreed to the transfer,
- an enforceable or legally binding judicial or official order for the disclosure and / or transfer of data to third parties is available, or if Wohnaroo is obliged, due to a statutory obligation, to disclose and / or pass on to third parties without such an arrangement,
- Copyright / Licenses
- If the user has agreed to a certain type of data use (in particular the transfer of data to third parties), he can revoke this declaration at any time with effect for the future. The revocation can be addressed in writing to ICE NINE OPERATIONS, 169 Cold Spring St, New Haven, CT USA or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data security
- Wohnaroo takes reasonable precautions to protect the user’s personal data from loss, destruction, corruption, manipulation and unauthorized access. The applicable data protection regulations are taken into account.
- Contact us
- In case of queries regarding this data protection information or in case of other questions regarding the extent with personal data, the user can contact us at email@example.com